South Carolina is home to approximately 400,000 veterans and I am proud that more than 92,000 reside in the First District. If not for their sacrifice in serving our great country we would not have the freedom and liberties that we unknowingly take for granted.
With two brothers serving our country and a district that reflects a large military focus, I promise to ensure veterans receive the honor and respect they have shown us. We must make certain our veterans health benefits keep moving forward. We must tackle unemployment among our heroes. We must advocate the elimination of roadblocks in the system to help our veterans get back to a way of life they deserve. We must not waver in our commitment. They deserve nothing less.
I have cosponsored legislation to demonstrate my promise to hold up my end of the promise:
- HR 2433, The Veterans Opportunity to Work Act
- H.R. 2985, Veterans ID Card Act
- H.R. 420, Veterans Heritage Firearms Act
- H.R. 719, To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the WWII Members of the Civil Air Patrol
- H.R. 2369, Providing for an additional power for the American Legion