Americans need cost-efficient, clean, and safe energy resources. All of which can be done with increasing our energy production on our own soil. It is in our country’s best interest to promote policies that encourage American-made alternative and renewable energy – policies that will embrace our nation’s energy capabilities.
I am committed to decreasing our dependence on foreign sources, creating good-paying jobs, safeguarding our national security, and lowering gas prices. But in order for this process to begin, the federal government needs to get out of the way, remove rigid and bureaucratic barricades to development, and let South Carolina businesses put South Carolinians back to work.
To this end, I co-sponsored multiple bills that I believe help accomplish our energy goals:
- H.R. 49, American Energy Independence and Price Reduction Act
- H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act
- H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
- H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
- H.R. 1287, 3-D, Domestic Jobs, Domestic Energy, and Deficit Reduction Act
- H.R. 1777, Consumer Relief for Pain at the Pump Act
- H.R. 2752, BLM Live Internet Auctions Act
- H.R. 2898, Regulation Moratorium and Jobs Preservation Act
- H.Res. 140, Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that domestic oil and gas resources are critical to our Nation’s security and economy and the Secretary of the Interior should take immediate action to streamline the shallow and deepwater permitting process
By advancing these bills, Congress would increase American-made energy, create good jobs, and strengthen our national security.